G at breakfast while eating pancakes strikes up a conversation with his hands:
right hand (rh): "do you want pancakes?"
left hand (lh): yes, do you?
rh: yes, I do.
lh: ok.
Then, G sneezes on both his hands and apologizes to them for getting them dirty. He asks me for a towel. I get him a cloth napkin and he politely says "thank-you." Then looks at his hands and begins to clean them while saying, "There you go; you're clean now."
He eats a little more and is back to conversation with his hands:
lh: ding, ding, ding. are you done?
rh: no, i'm not done.
lh: ding, ding, ding, are you done?
rh: takes a drink of water
rh: i'm done.
switching gears again. lh is making the pancake vvvvvroooom like a race car around in the syrup.
I pour more "syrup" (Agave Nectar) onto his plate and he says, "hey, mommy, it looks like a dinosaur."
Oh, when and how do we loose this active imagination?! I appreciate his joy in the little things, which are big things to him!
THANK YOU , G, FOR GIVING ME JOY IN EATING BREAKFAST!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment