Mommy, daddy, and I arrived back home to Jackson around 10:45 pm last night, Friday, July 13, 2007. Our time in Sewanee
I also got to meet lots of new people- daddy's new professors and schoolmates, Sewanee locals and others. Mom and I also enjoyed going to playtime at the park on Wednesdays at 10 am where we met with other moms and children. Daddy and I enjoyed many fun walks together and playtime on his study breaks. He is so silly! We have tons of fun together. I really like it when he tickles me with his scruffy face, plays peek-a-boo, and reads me his poetry.
Well, we are leaving for camp in Indiana earrrly tomorrow at 4 am and then in the later part of the week to see some of my favorite people! So, I will write more later! Gotta get some sleep before the trip! Much love to you all!!
Check out my pictures at the following webpage.... http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=6yit1o8n.7plfo7iv&Uy=aur3t5&Ux=1

Hey, Garrett, this is your Nana. It is so great that you can now read and write!! What progress you have made since I last saw you!! You were just a drooler then; it must have been an amazing trip to Sewanee---it seems you must have gotten a formal education there too! When you come to see Nana again, ask me to tell you about my recent trip to St.Louis to see the Broadway production of the Lion King. It was amazing; I'm sooooo happy to have been able to go. Perhaps you'll be able to go one day.... Or perhaps you'll write a story of your own.... Please try to arrange your committment calendar to spend more time with your family in Indiana---we miss you!! Love always, Nana P.S. Your picture reminds me of your daddy, uncle and pawpaw.....
ReplyDeleteHey, Garrett Love. Your Auntie Crystal has more literary suggestions--I can do that because I, too, am an English teacher and published-but-impoverished writer. Be sure that your daddy not only reads you his poetry but that he gives you a taste of other great writers as well. A suggestion: Yeats'"The Stolen Child," but in a sing-songy voice and not a menacing one. Once you come to understand the true meaning of the poem, it may not be a suitable choice for you or any other child. More suggestions to come later. Love always, Crystal
ReplyDelete