Monday, December 17, 2007

I AM ONE!!!

As of last Thursday, Dec. 13th, 9:33pm, I am officially 1 year old!! Wow!! What a fun year this has been - my mommy and daddy agree!! But they also said to tell you what a blessed year this has been for them!! I got a few cards on my birthday and I really enjoyed opening them - one from Grandma Thompson, Danane & Tom Lynch, Nana, the Graves(Uncle D, Aunt Cara, Delaney & Drew), and Mimi & Granddaddy - I carried them around with me all day!! Oh, I also got a fun animal DVD from Uncle Todd, Aunt Janna & Chloe ...and my new Christmas PJ's. Oh, and fun texts messages from my Aunt AK, Uncle Jay, Uncle Kenneth and Uncle Daniel..and birthday calls from Yana and others. Thank you all for thinking of me on my special day!! Mommy & Daddy also sang, "Happy Birthday" to me and I just looked at them and clapped. A new song!! Daddy also tried to get my hand print in a mold...I liked digging my fingers into it. :) Maybe we'll try finger paint this week.

We celebrated with mommy's side of the family in Tupelo,MS on Sunday, Dec. 16. Mommy helped me open the gifts. I was a little confused why she wanted me to tear the paper on the boxes;however, I did enjoy playing with my new toys once we got them out. I really liked the first gift I opened, a dump truck!!! - so much so that I played with it the whole day!! We opened up so many fun gifts - a moose, a Vtech computer, a fun alligator & new football outfit, a sweet spring outfit (blue w/ bonnet!!), elmo binnaculars, fun shape blocks w/ containers, a ball, money and so much more!!! Thank you everyone for thinking of me and for your generosity!!! I love you and love spending time with you.

Then, everyone sang that new song again to me. I was a little bashful as they all stared at me while they sang. Mimi helped me read, "Happy Birthday Garrett & Mimi" and blow out my candle as her birthday was Dec. 6. Thanks, Yana, for my cake!! Check out my reaction to the icky frosting!! Mommy was so thankful that I didn't like it on my fingers. :) Just one taste and that was enough....although my AK said she saw me dipping my thumb in it repeatedly!! I didn't really like touching it...icky!1`

Here are a few of my guests who came to celebrate my special day:


Mimi & G'daddy



Yana


AK, Jay & Caitlyn









Cousin Katie, Trey & baby on the way!!
Danane - mommy's nanny!!

And the Senters - Uncle Tom & Aunt Linda

Mrs. Sue Lindsey and Danane's mom also came by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment