Monday, November 19, 2007

A Week of "FIRSTS"



This past week I decided that I would show mommy and daddy....and Yana just how big I am. I turned 11 months old on Tues, Nov. 13. Mommy gave me some brown rice cereal to try. Hmm. It tastes really different than the milk I'm used to drinking for every meal. Yes, I haven't been sleeping as well lately b/c I have 4 new teeth coming in - my top and bottom front teeth!!! I think this is why mommy wants me to eat "big people food" now. Hmm. I also decided to start WALKING this week! Sat. evening while mommy and Yana were cooking for Thanksgiving , I thought that I should stay up and participate. We all had fun playing in the kitchen. Mommy was practicing her solo, "Gratitude" by Nicole Nordeman, for church and I was dancing to the music, while standing. Then , suddenly, I took 4 steps . Yana was so excited to see me....mom saw me out of the corner of her eye while reading sheet music. That was all I walked until Sunday when daddy returned home from his trip to Little Rock to watch the MSU/ Arkansas football game. As soon as he got home, daddy laid on the floor to play with me. I stood up and took 6 beautiful steps all the way to him!!! Wow!!! From then on, I have been practicing taking steps!!

1 comment:

  1. This is just not fair Garrett. Your AK is missing everything you are doing. JJ is also very sad he is missing all of your firsts. But hopefully we can see you on your FIRST BIRTHDAY! Yea!

    We love you and can't wait to see you and your parents!

    ReplyDelete