I can't believe it...Eme is already 4 months! Wow! Time definitely seems to pass more quickly with our second child. We are so blessed to parent these two beautiful children. As I type, I hear Eme waking on the monitor, "talking" - more like squealing! I just love each step along the way. Her development never ceases to amaze me, as does Garrett's.
When this picture was taken a couple of weeks ago while in Tupelo, Eme (3 1/2 months then) had just learned the week before how to roll from her stomach to back...or rather WE had just witnessed her rolling. We don't put her down enough to notice advancements. We believe in holding babies as often as we can...nurture, nurture, nurture. One added benefit for her being held so often since birth is that she has been given the oppurtunity earlier than most American babies to develop trunk control. Most of you noticed how well she held herself up and controlled her head the first few months of life and now here she is taking off again. Let's just hope she doesn't crawl soon. Since that time in Tupelo, we have also watched her roll from back to front and scoot herself all over the bed and play mat. It is really fun to witness her developmental milestones.
Her personality at this point seems to be pretty laid-back. She likes people and loves to suck her thumb and watch people, whether in the sling on mommy, in the bouncy seat, or in her car seat. People gravitate towards her. Yes, I realize most people adore babies, but Eme seems to have an internal sense that pulls people to her - maybe she has the gift of compassion like her father.
She absolutely ADORES her brother as he adores her back. What a joy and blessing that they love each other so much. We pray this bond continues to grow throughout their lifetimes.

No comments:
Post a Comment