Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sleepytown calls....


As most of you know and so graciously keep your unapproval quiet, I have nurtured this child to sleep with loving mommy milk most of the days of G's life. I could count on one hand the times he has fallen asleep without it. And in those times, he has awoken at least once to partake of this cherished drink or in my absence, cried on the shoulder of the willing comforter (daddy.) With that said, I stumbled upon this today and was completely surprised! This is the FIRST time he has fallen asleep on the floor. What you don't see, is that moments earlier Eme was beside him on this blanket trying to "eat" his hair and hands AND he was awake playing gently with her! I took her back to their room to change her diaper and came back minutes later to find that he had fallen asleep to the sounds of Baby Explorer, a musical favorite of his when he was Eme's age. Wow - guess all the playing we've done outside the past few days has worn him down!

No comments:

Post a Comment