I was first introduced to green juice and began regularly juicing it last summer after I read the most wonderful book, The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. Her recipe titled, Green Lemonade, instructs us to juice the following ingredients in a juicer (we use a Jack Lallane):
1 head romain lettuce or celery
5 - 6 stalks kale
1-2 apples
1 whole organic lemon
1-2 tbsp. fresh ginger
It has a wonderful taste and I feel highly innergized when I drink it. Chris even took it to class with him last summer several mornings. Let's just say it was a hot topic among those who brought the usual coffee and soda pick-me-ups/ let-me-downs. I'm so proud of my healthy husband! He will be the first to tell you how making healthier choices has given him much more energy, an incredible immune system, and allows him to fully enjoy the foods that God DID design for us to eat.
Recently, one of my best friends, Tiffany Finney, let me in on a secret "green juice" that she developed! I can't give you her secret recipe, but I can tell you how I've been making my own, thanks to her wonderful advice! We blend it in a regular blender, which means that anyone with a blender can make this!! An added bonus it that you will get the fiber with it, not just the healthy juices. What a great way to start your day with healthy calories, fiber, fat and protein ! It tastes absolutely delicious and is jammed packed full of vitamins and minerals! Make sure to make it your own by adding flavors you enjoy.
Jill's Green Juice Recipe:
1/2 fresh, ripe avocad0
1/2 apple, (gala)
handful fresh spinach
2-3 stalks of romaine lettuce
8 0z. coconut water (mango or pineapple flavored add zest!) O.N.E brand
1 0z. Amazon Acai (for flavor)- we don't always add this.
6-8 cubes of ice
1 tbsp. flax oil, organic & nonrefined - enriched w/ lignans
handful of fresh, unsweetened & unsulphured coconut
2 tblsp. of soy protein (optional - a product from the line that Jill sells)
This super easy recipe takes just a few minutes to make and provided a healthy detox and pick-me-up after a long night's sleep...or short night, depending on how often your children awaken! ;)
enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment