Saturday, November 03, 2007

Community Service/ UU Homecoming


church participates in). He and two college students, Daniel & Michael, textured a ceiling for anWe've had a great weekend relaxing and helping others. Last Saturday, daddy was able to supervise a project at ShareFest (an annual community service project our elderly lady. It's a good thing he helped b/c I'm still a little too short to reach the ceiling...even with a ladder.

Today, Sat., Nov. 3, daddy facilitated a project in building a stand for the Dream Center's new sign. The Dream Center is a local ministry that aids homeless people in rebuilding their lives. Individuals and families are given a place to live while they receive the aid they need in getting back on solid ground. Mike Young, one of the board members of this ministry, is in our community group that mommy and daddy lead. Mommy and I slept in b/c I had a late evening....teething!!! Then we took a trip to see their progress!! Here's what we found: lots of legs under the sign: ....then daddy uses the saws-all, which made mommy a little nervous b/c it was at his chest level. Daddy says the skill saw is much more dangerous. Hmm. I decided that I would help, so I picked up the hammer and well, you see. I liked finding the rocks and playing with Adrian and Kary, whom I call KK. My socks and pants were filthy!! But we had lots of fun!









After my nap with daddy, we all went to Union University's Homecoming and watched the bulldogs win against the Tigers. We saw Katie Woodruff, the Boylan's, Sheika Brown & Chima, Stephanie Clark, and others. It was very hot in the gym!! We left the camera in the car :(
Then we went to a new restaurant in Jackson called Red Robin & we had some burgers....ok, mommy and daddy ate them and I had a Mum-Mum snack and milk. We saw some more friends from church while eating...and mommy's former Manager when she worked at Red Lobster in college. He admitted to being a mean manager then, but says he is now nice and likes working at Red Robin. Apparently he had arestaurant, Red life-changing experience when he was in a near fatal accident since that time that he manages Red Lobster. We liked this cool baseball flag art....cool,huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment