Here is the scenario:
Yana (my mom), Garrett and I (Jill) have been on the road traveling back from Dallas, TX since around 12pm on Sunday. As we are driving, my brother, Kenneth, calls to ask mom her recipe for Country Fried Steak. As I listened to her detail each step in this southern recipe, my mouth began to salivate (it doesn't take much these days) as I am now tasting steak, creamed potatoes, purple hull peas and mom's home-made biscuits, complete with gravy. Yes, I believe in moderation...still love my mom's home cooking!!!
When the call ended, we decided to stop at Cracker Barrell for steak and biscuits outside of Little Rock. As we neared the city around 6pm, we saw two Cracker Barrells but decided that we'd wait until we got to the other side of Little Rock b/c we knew gas was much cheaper there ($2.00/ gallon versus $2.49/ gallon). Being a huge Cracker Barrell fan, I have this handy little map that tells you where EVERY Cracker Barrell in the country is located. Mom notes that there is one at Exit 165 and we need to take exit 143....what's a few miles for biscuits and gravy, right?! So, we near a fork in the road (I30) where right is I40 (the way we need to go home) and left says 'Exit 163/ Jacksonville'. We decide to go left b/c exit 165 shoud be really close...not so much!!!!! The next exit is 1 ; yes, you read that right - number 1 !! We decide to drive a while just to see if we should happen upon a Cracker Barrell. 15 miles later, we are back in Cabot, AR where we had been Thurs. evening when visiting my Aunt Shelia. We laugh and pull over for our cheap gasoline. I give the clerk our cash and proceed to pump our cheap gas when mom walks up and asks why I am getting the "plus" gas!!!! WHAT???!!! It's a trick, a conspiracy against all those habitual people like me who just reach for the pump on the far left!! I thought every pump was the same!! So, we ended up driving 15 miles out of the way, getting gas for $2.29/ gallon and here's the kicker.....eating at MCDONALD'S!!! Our two choices were Burger King or McDonald's....tough choice, right?! Doesn't McDonald's serve "real chicken" now? Yeah. Ok, let's split a 5 piece chicken finger meal and we'll eat some good food at Katie's when we get there.
So, we get the bag and off we go....on a back road, might I add. Delirious at this point, we had a blast and drove to Memphis to stn with my cousin, Katie Harlowe, and her sweet family. Monday, I wanted to shop in Memphis, but I felt horribly nauseous. When I finally picked myself off the couch and got in the car at 5pm, I was ready to crawl up in the fetal position!!! Just outside of Memphis, I pulled over to entertain rush hour traffic with a hurling session while G is in the back crying and wondering where his mommy went. I almost survive the rest of the short hour trip home, when I see the first exit to Jackson and here it comes again...no pulling over now. Thanks to Kroger for the plastic bag! I know, TMI!!! I confirmed my assumption that is WAS the chicken when I confirmed with mom that she, too, is sick!! Food poisoning is NO FUN!!! Isn't it ironic that my first experience would be with McDonald's?!! My husband laughed...but not after taking excellent care of me!! Thanks for the chicken soup and sweet loving!! You are the best husband!!!!!! I'm not 100 percent yet, but feeling much better tonight and enjoyed a small meal.
May you and yours NEVER eat at this horrible place again!!! We joke all the time about never feeding our kids this....we are serious!! No thank-you, Ronald.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

May you all boycott McDonald's ....if not for me, for your own health!!!

The only time I've ever gotten food poisoning was from a McDonalds too! Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing! I am so sorry! Stupid McDonalds!! I miss you, girl! Get better fast! REST!!
ReplyDelete