Thursday, October 23, 2008

we love cars, oh yes we do!....sort of!



As most of you know, whenever you buy a used or highly used vehicle for a very good price, you will definitely pay the price later....or in our case, constantly! We are so blessed to say that we do not have a car payment and are even more blessed to have such amazingly talented friends who help take that $1000, $500 and $200 quote way down! We now don't mind that we have more than doubled the cost of our used car with repairs! It's just becoming more efficient!

Last night, our good friend, Daniel Cone, worked on our car for us and we are MORE THAN GRATEFUL for his service and for sacrificing 6 hours of his evening to repair our car that needs a "new something" most of the time. By this time next year, we will have replaced most of it's working components under the hood and I'm not complaining either! Our little Toyota can carry all four of us until she is ready to turn in!!
(As I later found out...these hands got much greasier!!!)
Chris and I marvel at Daniel's expertise in automobiles!! He just kept finding things that looked really bad in his professional opinion, so, of course, we agree and let him do his job! It was fun to see Chris communicating with Daniel through signing and to see Daniel teaching Chris all about our car! THANK YOU, DANIEL!!!!!!

G and I mostly stayed out of the way, but for a short while we watched, listened, and well- played with side walk chalk!!

I think she'll definitely be more efficient and reliable to get us to Dallas and back! New tires will have to be soon....sounds like a good Christmas gift to one another! :)

1 comment:

  1. I do not love cars, but I love my handy man, who can fix just about anything! John never ceases to amaze me with what he knows or is willing to try. Love keeping up with you through your blog!

    ReplyDelete