

The sun was pretty bright, so I kept closing and covering my eyes....not the greatest way to awaken!
We were greeted by Mr. Mike, Mrs. Amy, Maegli and sweet Burke. Just after arriving, Hendrick came running downstairs excited that I had come to play! Then Davis awoke, a little shy at first. We started our day with cheerios, banana, and milk (I had water), I even sat at the table in a big boy booster seat. It was cool outside so we waited to go outside until it became warmer. We had plenty of fun toys and three imaginations with which to play inside. In fact, I really enjoyed getting into the dog's crate and playing!!
The dogs were outside so they didn't seem to mind. 
Around 10 am, we set out for our adventures around the "rainforest" per Hendrick's leading.It was a lot of fun running through the forest looking for bark and fossils, too.
Here, Hendrick is showing us the bark he found!!I thought it was too fun when one of their dogs jumped up on me when I walked past her.
We played on the swings, slide, boat, and wagon without abandon!Here is a pic of Davis and me swinging. Davis really likes to be pushed high!!!
I was so big that I kept pointing for mommy to stand in front of me, not behind me. And I certainly did not need her to push me!! I even swayed my body back and forth like this to swing on my own.....so big!!!
I also REPEATEDLY climbed the large wooden swing set on my own to slide down the big, bumpy slide where I often became airborne at the bottom....wee!!!!
The Youngs have a lake in their backyard, so we walked down to it to look for tadpoles and watch the fishermen. Here, we took a quick break to sit inside the boat.
Hendrick found a very small, dead turtle in there...poor little guy. He must have gotten stuck in there somehow...short life. Our adventures outside were lots of fun. We ate our delicious PB&J sandwiches for lunch and had fun drawing, reading, and playing until naptime when ALL of us (even mommy) needed a nap!! What a fun filled day! Mommy cooked some oven fried chicken, purple hull peas (thanks to Mimi & G'daddy), rice and bread for dinner. The Youngs arrived around 5:00pm and daddy joined us around 6:15pm for dinner. What great fun we had!!Thank you, Youngs, for letting us serve you!! We are so thankful that Burke's surgery went well and we will continue to pray for his recovery. You all can check updates at the Youngs blog.

Thank you so much for a wonderful day - the boys had so much fun with Garrett!!! (And dinner was so yummy). You guys are the best - thank you, thank you, thank you - we love you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful fun day you all had!!!! :-)
ReplyDelete